Friday, March 9, 2012

Ruffino Lumina 2010 Pinot Grigio

Well, as many of you know it's Lent and that means fish on Fridays. Being the part time Catholic that I am (don't tell my mother), the least I can do is observe the practice of fish on Friday. Tonight I treated myself to a delicious tilapia in parchment and the very tasty Ruffino Pinot Grigio. Steve took the kids to the Monster Truck Mania at the Sears Center and so I have a few precious hours to myself to eat, drink, be merry, and of course to blog.

The Ruffino vineyards are in one of my personal favorite parts of the world, Venice. They have been practicing the art of wine making since 1877. They have lots of wonderful info on their site, including recipes for paring. You can find them here. 

Now for the wine. The color was light yellow and clear. The nose was not overly fragrant, but you could detect the hints of citrus. The flavor was delicate and very pleasant.   It paired really well with the tilapia and I can imagine any white fish or even white meat poultry would be fantastic.  I would definitely buy it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment